Monday, February 6, 2012

getting my first assignment back from my professor: syntax, tense, AND AWKWARD SENTENCES.

he's right. haha, the fact that those are the only things of concern with my story is a relief actually. i can work on that, given more time to closely edit. and i've heard this from other writers, too. and do i listen? i try, honestly!

but just knowing that's the only real issue with my writing makes me happy. it's a consistent error most can pick out with my story; they're not complaining about the story itself. i admit i am not a professional writer-- everyday is just improvement and editing and re-visioning and finding out what sort of writer i really am. but this goes to show that i'm almost there, i've just barely missed the mark with perfection. nothing is wholly perfect, but it can feel right.

No comments:

Post a Comment