Monday, April 15, 2013

i think i seriously have one of the best internships ever.


if it weren't for McSweeney's, i don't think i'd ever get the once in a lifetime chance to meet a band-- not just any band, but my own favorite band-- THE AIRBORNE TOXIC EVENT.

going backstage, i met up with Mikel, Anna, and Steven from TATE and got a really awkward (on my part for being so nervous) but honest and insightful interview about these guys. this interview shall hopefully go into publication soon in an upcoming issue for The Believer, published by McSweeney's.

and as if the interview was enough, i got to just take it easy, have lunch, some salad and jambalaya with Noah and Steven-- no big. not only did i get to hear about radio shows, Coachella, and kittens, but i got to ask the two of them insight on being a band on the road that would help me write my new short story, "Break."






the best perk was getting to be front row ahead of like, everyone else later that night.














 

so to myself, let this be a reminder of the following, to remember for forever:

- i can accomplish anything. if i didn't put it up to myself to go out and track down the publicist, i'd probably have a horrid and distorted view of my limits.

- have faith, more of it in this case. i really have to stop being timid and shy. this was when i had to do my best to put all this aside and just have fun, enjoy the moment.

- if this happened, just keep on forward and remember just what other exciting opportunities can happen in my lifetime. i am young, and so i am still ready for the impossible in the rest of my life


and a shout out to Matt, who made this beyond any doubt the best Christmas present i could ever ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment