Wednesday, May 23, 2012

tales of the summer


http://sfuncovered.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/tales-cover.jpg

in all honesty, i'm giving myself a little break this summer in writing (although it completely goes against the logic of my life mantra "NEVER STOP WRITING"). after 6 all-nighters and tons of forced readings into literature i realized isn't all up my alley, i want to relax. clear my mind. rewire my brain with nothing. then i'll get back into my old ways and old words that give meaning to my writing.

in the meantime, class is over. and i am back home, leisurely and peacefully, and without any cares.

that's a lie. i've first off reread Tales of the City, one of the best damn books ever to hit the end of the 21st century. it spans over eight novels chronicling the many lives and loves of people in San Francisco. it's brilliant, it's perfect. a beautiful insight to what really goes out here. some plotlines may be a tad ridiculous, but don't doubt Armistead Maupin, the writer of these stories-- because any of it is surely bound to happen. anything can happen out in San Francisco!
(via sfuncovered.com)

i've had my share of tales of the City by the Bay. not as outrageous, but amusing and memorable all the same. i want more. that's why i've been looking for jobs and searching Craigslist nonstop looking for reasonable places in San Francisco to live close to USF's campus and right in the middle of things out there. in the meantime, i've brought San Francisco home to me. my uncle had a bunch of extra prints of paintings by local artist Peter Lee, from the poster and print store that went out of business and simply gave away most of their inventory. man, did we get so much! for myself, i kept the 4x6 prints, and they're soooo beautiful!

 Telegraph Hill from the top of Lombard Street

 The Castro

 Transamerica Pyramid

 Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park

The Embarcadero

even if i can't go out to San Francisco as often now in the summer as i did during school, at least these paintings and rerunning the miniseries of Tales will keep inspiring me to write and remember the magnificence of this place, so close to home!

No comments:

Post a Comment